Friday, March 30, 2007

Cast of characters

There are a few people that I will constantly be talking about. Here I will describe them at length, in random order:
  • The Math Wizard. That's me. I can best be described as recursive: To describe myself, I must first describe myself.
  • Serenity. Someone I still consider to be my best friend. She's known me the longest.
  • Jesse. I have been hanging out with the rice cracker since before i-mo was born, and he put himself up at Bohemia. He represents "apathy" in the i-mo triangle.
  • Elmo. I see him as the embodiment of the Anime ethic carried to its logical conclusion. He plays some good guitar, and is close to his family.
  • Elaine. She's a soul currently living in Bohemia as well. One of the more artistic people I've known in a while.
  • Timmy, or Freshwater. By most accounts, the leader of the pack. Everyone's big brother. He likes to party and hang out.
  • Gogo. My [little] brother. He's industrious, and for that I look up to him.
  • Wave. She works at Colleague central, but that is the end of her strait lace. Enough said.
  • The Youth Choir. A rambunctious group that sometimes gets together to sing at the Vestibule. A handful show up for practice, and twice as many show up for the actual thing.
  • Stud Life. Another rambunctious group... and not much else. Close-knit, though.
  • Kim. I get her codename from Kim Possible. Now, if she's Kim Possible, that'd make me Wade. Travels the world just like Kim does, except she doesn't do as much crimefighting.
  • Super Paper Patrol. It's a small group who is tasked with helping everyone who approaches with term papers in hand. It has changed in composition at least once while I am in it.
  • The Proprietress. She holds the keys to the Shellcase. Her feet may only walk on Post-it notes and mailing labels, and is never doing only one thing at a time.
  • The Doc. Actually, there are two people called "The Doc"; both of them are employers of mine. One oversees my work as a Super Paper Patroller, and another looks over the Colleague website.
  • Fobber. A radio personality. I haven't seen much of him lately, but I know he is there by the sound of his voice in my car.

There are some others, like the Whiteshirt, and Flamingo, who I hang out with at length, and some others from my memory, such as Noside and others who I haven't seen in a long time. But as people enter the story, I will take care to mention them here.

Thanks for reading.

Song in my head: Green Day, "American Idiot".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the Proprietress. Her description is almost perfect.