Tuesday, May 15, 2007

That's so cherry

I laugh when I remember that six or seven years ago, I dreamt about a time when I would know what it would be like to sleep in. Now I find myself longing for that time when I could wake up at 5:30 am on a good day. ^_^

Things change real quick nowadays.

I realized that Jesse's final paper for the Literature class crystallized for me my sudden interest in haiku. He essentially says that poetry is a way to unwrap our raw thoughts, separating them from our own and our society's metaphors and modes of thought, in which our thoughts are usually packaged. I am beginning to realize that the large majority of my thoughts are overpackaged; I then see my haiku as an exercise in unpacking my thoughts so that I can test whether they can stand on their own.

So here's to a long Summer, a walk a day, a haiku per two days. ^_^

Thanks for reading.

Song in my head: Dirty Vegas, "Days Go By".

P.S. Props go out to Kim, who looked something up in the Urban Dictionary and is exploring verse. ^_^

No comments: