Thursday, May 3, 2007

One down

This morning I finished To Kill a Mockingbird. I have completed my spatialization of the novel, which, my Literature professor says, is what you do the first time you read a book. You basically toil through the book to reach the end and to find out what happens. The way to find the great books, I deduced, is to look for those books which survive spatialization--the ones who bear a second read. That means that this semester saw me with three great books, then.

Now the rest of my reading list awaits.

Jesse gave me great advice today, applicable to life as well as math problems: if you don't know what to do, do something and quick. Chances are that the things you know how to do are the things you are supposed to do.

Thanks for reading.

Song in my head: Busta Rhymes feat. Mariah Carey, "I Know What You Want". It's been ages since I heard this one.

No comments: