Sunday, April 8, 2007

Golden hour

I drove down Airport Road yesterday at about a quarter past six in the evening. Since Spring is now with us, the Sun was still peeking through some clouds, not content to leave the show just yet. What I saw was spectacular--the Sun shimmered on everything it could get its rays on. Everything from the coconut tree fronds swaying in a lazy wind, to the buildings that consequently looked like they were all made of gold, shone in the Sunlight. It was Guam's Golden Hour--and I saw it in the fifteen-minute drive from the Plantation to the Vestibule.

What a coincidence. Had I delayed in getting ready that afternoon, or otherwise not done any of the chores I accomplished that day, I would have missed the very narrow window for the Golden Hour. My day must have been progressing the way it was supposed to.

And I wonder how many of my fellow motorists noticed. Maybe they were too busy driving. But then again, so was I.

Thanks for reading, and Happy Easter, everyone. And welcome back, Kim.

Song in my head: Shamrock, "Paano", originally by the APO Hiking Society.

No comments: