Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Asleep

This book I'm currently reading, Regeneration by Pat Barker, is easily the heaviest book I've read so far. It's about a war psychologist serving during the First World War. Its depiction of the fall of the old Victorian order and subsequent de-Romanticization of war and idealism is represented so effectively in the soldiers sent to Craiglockhart mental institution, trying to deal with their past. Very heavy work, but I am enjoying reading it. Makes me think about what they had to go through.

I'm pretty tired right now, and just as well. I have an early dentist's appointment tomorrow. So maybe I'll choke down another chapter of Regeneration, play a round of Tetris (I bought a handheld version this afternoon ^_^), and then go to sleep.

Thanks for reading.

Song in my head: Phil Collins, "Against All Odds".

No comments: