Sunday, May 3, 2009

A wet guitar

I had the thought that perhaps my grasp on conventional reality is actually a bit less tight than I suspected at first. It always happens that whenever I think that I finally have every aspect of my life figured out and under control, there are always a few areas where I drop the ball, so to speak. The feeling is like checking out nine books from the library and discovering, as you cross the front door to the outside, that you only have space in your hands for seven.

Perhaps it really is a blessing that we do not live forever, no matter how much our bodies yearn to survive for as long as possible. It is the enlightened creature's torment; there is no such thing as turning back to a simpler time, when all you needed were seven books.

Thanks for reading.

Song in my head: Click Five, "Just the Girl".

No comments: