Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sleeplessness

Lately I've been skipping out on sleep for spurious reasons. It might actually be detrimental to my concentration to the rest of the day (which has already happened last week, more than once). So why do I do it? I don't know. Sometimes I get this hard-to-fight feeling that I might miss something. Unfounded, of course, but so are most irrational feelings.

In other news I am getting better at jump rope, but my gait is still the same idiosyncratic skip-kick my sister pointed out to me the first time I tried it. At least I'm clearing the ground enough to let the rope slip through. Hopefully I'll get good enough to last through "Jesus Walks". ^_^

Thanks for reading.

This post was brought to you in part by Microsoft's On-Screen Keyboard, because the "k" key on my laptop has ceased to function. It's spurred me on to move up my decision to buy a netbook. ^_^ Perhaps it's a good thing; Echo (the laptop I am typing this on) has hung on with me for more than 3 years now, which I'm told is more than two lifetimes for this kind of laptop. Hopefully I can still get it fixed; if and when this happens I'm loading Ubuntu on this.

No comments: