Monday, April 20, 2009

Typing with both hands

I haven't walked in a week, and these days I've begun to feel restless during the night. Perhaps it would be a good thing to start again.

Hearing from an old friend is very much like coming back home from another country. You pick up where you left off and then move on.

The thing I dislike the most about blogging is, surprisingly, not typing with both hands. It's the realization that you've forgotten all those things you wanted to say on it by the time you've turned on the computer. This is the situation I find myself in at this moment. It is not a trivial thing to set up and maintain a blog.

I've started to write a short story in Tagalog, and after having written a few paragraphs I looked at what I wrote. And the strangest thing happened: it sounded foreign. I don't know whether I should be saddened by that, but I know that I am not happier for it.

Thanks for reading.

Song in my head: Beck, "Moon on the Water".

No comments: