Thursday, May 1, 2008

That's all she wrote

Well, look at what we have here... a full set of 17-syllable verses. The work now begins on the rest of the book.

I am enjoying a spurt in creativity and productivity. I don't know why. Today in Foundations class one of my classmates presented a proof of the law of cosines, and before that the professor told us to ask one question after the presentation. After the proof was done, I asked, "OK, so I can see a squared, b squared, and c squared, but can you show me negative two a b cosine theta?" Everyone stopped, and my friend was not able to answer, and then the professor asked me if I could construct it. When I paused, they moved on to a more interesting question. I, however, continued to be intrigued, and I have been working on getting the answer to my own question until now, almost a half day later.

This inspiration could not have come at a more opportune time... there are only two weeks left in classes at Colleague, and I am once again riding the cutting edges of my grades, I am sure.

Thanks for reading.

Song in my head: Queen, "Love of My Life".

No comments: