Thursday, January 10, 2008

Somewhere in the darkness

I don't know what it was about where I slept (or at least tried to sleep ^_^) yesterday. It was a velvety dark and warmly gloomy night (whatever that means...) as I sat within view of the sea. Sometimes when the wind whipped up the right way, I was even able to smell it. The white tops of the waves were small but it was due to distance. It was so peaceful, bordering on the eerie, actually.

And I was ready. I had a guitar and some paper to write on.

About two hours later, I woke up with a start. I looked up from where I sat. The night was still as dark, and the division between sea and sky remained shrouded. But now there was a completed song on a piece of paper, and another almost done. It was a moment: I haven't written anything in verse for the longest time, and for me to be able to come up with these songs kind of confirms me in a significant way this year.

Soon I'll type them out and store them somewhere safe. I hope my bandmates receive these songs warmly, at least.

Thank you very much for reading.

Song in my head: Leann Rimes, "But I Do Love You".

No comments: