Saturday, November 10, 2007

Straightedge

I don't consider not being an alcoholically-inclined party animal a bad thing.

Today a whole cadre of my comrades from the old Collective got together for the birthday of the Fabulous One. An impressive array of us was in attendance, including some people I was surprised to see there. Naturally, Freshwater masterminded the beverages (as is the custom of Stud Life and hereafter) and a majority of them were alcoholic. I showed my face, joined in the laughing loudness for a short time, and then Jesse, Gogo, and I headed for Kmart.

Sure, sometimes I wonder what it would be like to imbibe on the level that my friends do. But I guess I enjoy driving around much much more. ^_^

One of the tutors at the Stairwell is taking a two-week leave, which means I am looking good to replace him for his hours on Saturdays. If I take them all, that'd be eight more hours of work (and pay) I can get. But now I come upon a conflict that I never thought would ever happen--my work conflicting with my school. You see, I signed up to present during the Language Arts Conference next Saturday, and yet only an hour later I would have to go to the Stairwell to do my replacement shift.

At least I have a week to agonize over it. My growing pile of homework has to be done immediately. ^_^

Thanks for reading, and see you later.

Song in my head: Michael Buble, "Home".

P.S. I hope you would get to see this to fruition--I am posting this message from my shiny new Windows Live Writer gadget. OK, here goes nothing...

No comments: